I have always wanted to try this. After reading several articles and checking a few gardening web sites, I gathered my supplies and my good friend Lori. Between the two of us we have Annabelle, Oakleaf, Blue Nikko, Pink Alice, and a Lavender Lace Cap. We cut the stems, dipped them into the rooting powder, and then planted them in sand. Seems there are many options regarding the use of soil, sand, or a sterile medium, etc. We settled on sand when the manager of the garden center offered some to us for free. We just had to promise to return and shop there. But that's another story.
The cuttings are done, watered, and living (I hope) in the shade in the back yard. Like I said, we'll see what happens. We are hoping for great success. In the mean time, I'll baby them along with daily misting.
There's nothing better than spending time in the garden with a good friend.
No comments:
Post a Comment